Controlling the spread of infection is vital in a wide variety of workplaces including hospitals, care homes, schools and nurseries, in fact anywhere people live and work together. It is therefore important that staff operating in high-risk workplaces have some knowledge of the control of infection. This course is designed to provide learners enough awareness.
Highfield Level 2 International Award in Infection Prevention and Control in the Workplace
Also available on ONLINE CLASSROOM training.
The qualification provides learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of:
- the common infections found in the workplace
- the chain of infection
- the importance of correct hand washing procedures
- the use of personal protective equipment
- the decontamination processes (cleaning and disinfection)
- waste management and associated risks
- management and staff responsibilities, risk assessment and developing a positive infection prevention culture.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.