Controlling the spread of infection is vital in a wide variety of workplaces including hospitals, care homes, schools and nurseries, in fact anywhere people live and work together. It is therefore important that staff operating in high-risk workplaces have some knowledge of the control of infection. This course is designed to provide learners enough awareness.
Also available on ONLINE CLASSROOM training.
The qualification provides learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of:
- the common infections found in the workplace
- the chain of infection
- the importance of correct hand washing procedures
- the use of personal protective equipment
- the decontamination processes (cleaning and disinfection)
- waste management and associated risks
- management and staff responsibilities, risk assessment and developing a positive infection prevention culture.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.