NEBOSH Environmental Awareness at Work
The NEBOSH Environmental Awareness at Work qualification will introduce your workforce to environmental issues and the role they play in improving organisational environmental performance.
This qualification is an ideal first step towards other NEBOSH qualifications such as, the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management for those who need a more extensive and practical understanding of environmental management in the workplace.
- This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs a basic understanding of environmental issues in the workplace. It provides a general awareness of environmental issues and can be taken by employees at all levels within the organisation.
The NEBOSH Award in Environmental Awareness at work syllabus comprises two elements:
- Identify the meaning of: the environment; weather; climate; habitats; ecosystems; biodiversity; pollution;sustainability
- Identify the importance and benefits of sustainable development
- Identify an environmental management system’s main components and the certification process
- Outline the principles and practice of impact (risk) assessments
- Identify the main sources, types, controls and impacts of air, water and land pollution
- Identify the main sources, controls and impacts of environmental noise
- Identify waste types, the waste hierarchy and ways to effectively manage waste
Outline the measures that need to be in place when dealing with emergencies
Students are assessed by a 30 minute 20 question multiple- choice examination. Students need to be proficient in written English to successfully complete the assessments.
A qualification parchment will be sent to students following successful completion of the examination.
The training is one day.