This training is very interactive with the instructor and student demonstrations. Students are given comprehensive step by step training on specific first aid applications. This extremely flexible program meets OSHA and other federal and state regulatory requirements for training employees how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work.
This website provides information for employers, employees, first-aiders and training organisations on first aid at work. As a minimum, a low-risk workplace such as a small office should have a first-aid box and a person appointed to take charge of first-aid arrangements, such as calling the emergency services if necessary. Employers must provide information about first-aid arrangements to their employees. Workplaces where there are more significant health and safety risks are more likely to need a trained first-aider. The first-aid needs assessment tool will help employers decide what first aid arrangements are appropriate for their workplace.
This course is suitable for all individuals.
By the end of the class, the students will be able to learn and identify the following:
- Emergency First Aid Care.
- Recognizing an Emergency.
- Deciding to Help.
- Personal Safety.
- Using Barriers.
- Assessing for Response.
- Mechanism for Spinal Injury.
- Activating Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Basic Life-Supporting Skills.
- Airway-Head-Tilt, Chin-Lift.
- Clearing the airway – Long Roll.
- Protecting the Airway – Recovery Position.
- Breathing – Ventilation Mask.
- Breathing – Ventilation Shield.
- Circulation – Chest Compression.
- Initial Assessment.
- Unresponsive Patient.
- CPR for Cardiac Arrest.
- Bare, Prepare, and Place Pads.
- Troubleshooting Messages.
- Control of Bleeding.
- Managing Shock.
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction.
- Ongoing Assessment.
- Warning Signs of Serious Illness.
- Mechanism for Significant Injury.
- Specific First Aid Problems.
- Moving Patients.
- Emotional Impact of Providing First Aid Care
Students are evaluated through Instructor observation of the reasonable performance of skills. Performance and written evaluations are available and optional for use.
A Medic First Aid Certificate, Digital Certification Card and access to E-book upon successful completion of the course.
The training is one day.
Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner online, followed by a hands-on skills session. The hands-on skills session is completed in person with the HSI approved instructor.This is the entry level training for anyone who needs the essential first aid skills. This blended course consists of two parts:
- Online Theory Course.
- Online access to training portal for learning first aid, CPR & AED.
- Online library with access to training resources online.
- Online course manual with full access to study and review at your own pace and in your own time.
- Classroom Practical Skills Assessment .
- 1-2 hours skills assessment at QHSE International Training Center.
This is the entry level training for anyone who needs the essential first aid skills.
Online access through internet
- First Aid Provider & Legal Considerations
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Early Defibrillation
- Chest Compression & Rescue Breaths
- Primary Assessment – Unresponsive Person
- Unresponsive and Breathing – Recovery Position
- Unresponsive and Not Breathing – CPR
- AED Defibrillation & Troubleshooting
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Responsive Patient Assessment
- Soft Tissue Injuries, Muscle and Bone Injuries, Burns
- Sudden Illness & Medical Emergencies
- Poisoning, Bites and Stings
- Environmental Emergencies
1-2 hours Practical Assessment
- Removing Contaminated Gloves
- Chest Compressions
- Rescue Breathing
- Primary Assessment
- CPR Adult, Child, Infant
- AED Use
- Responsive Persons Assessment
- Spinal Motion Restrictions
- Swollen, Painful, Deformed Limb
- Other skills as required
- International Certification from Health and Safety Institute
- Local accreditation with the Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services “DCAS” and Health Authority Abu Dhabi “HAAD”
- Certificate validity is for 2 years
- Certificates are issued on the same day of training to all persons
- Each student will receive a wallet sized certification card as well as an A4 certificate for the course completed
- This should take approximately 3-4 hours of your own time.
- 1-2 hours depending on the number of persons.
These can be scheduled any day of the week after completing the online component and by contacting our training center.