The Train the Trainer programme is designed to a very practical level, aim at developing awareness and understanding of and reflection on issues relating to techniques & styles in training/ presentation at different levels of interaction.
The delivery technique can range from training to informal “talks” at staff meetings, to presenting lengthy, complex, critical information to an audience in an auditorium. This program is aimed at encouraging individuals to take a constructively critical approach to developing their personal teaching and presentation skills.
The four-day intensive course is very much hands-on and delivered on a practical level, requiring attendees to evaluate their own skills & resources and to identify strategies for continuous self- assessment and development.
This course is suitable for individuals who aspire to become MEDIC First Aid instructor.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the structure of preparation – audience, venue, pre & post presentation
• Identify and adapt to a styles and attitudes
• Make appropriate use of training facilities and resources
• Identify strategies to maximise reception and understanding of target knowledge, skills,
• Attitudes and behaviours
• Ensure that the learning intervention addresses specific individual and/or group needs
• Provide appropriate, effective and constructive feed back
• Use techniques to maintain control of and motivate groups and individuals
• Deal with audience reactions
• Have basic understanding of body language
• Effectively supervise, delegate, manage time, coach rather than tell, neutralize conflict and promote team spirit.
On completion of the course, delegates will be issued an Instructor Training certificate.
4 days training including Medic First Aid