This training is very interactive with the instructor and student demonstrations. Students are given comprehensive step by step training on specific first aid applications. This extremely flexible program meets OSHA and other federal and state regulatory requirements for training employees how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work.
This website provides information for employers, employees, first-aiders and training organisations on first aid at work. As a minimum, a low-risk workplace such as a small office should have a first-aid box and a person appointed to take charge of first-aid arrangements, such as calling the emergency services if necessary. Employers must provide information about first-aid arrangements to their employees. Workplaces where there are more significant health and safety risks are more likely to need a trained first-aider. The first-aid needs assessment tool will help employers decide what first aid arrangements are appropriate for their workplace.
This course is suitable for all individuals.
By the end of the class, the students will be able to learn and identify the following:
• Emergency First Aid Care
• Recognising an Emergency
• Deciding to Help
• Personal Safety
• Using Barriers
• Assessing for Response
• Mechanism for Spinal Injury
• Activating Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
• Basic Life-Supporting Skills
• Airway-Head-Tilt, Chin-Lift
• Clearing the airway – Long Roll
• Protecting the Airway – Recovery Position
• Breathing – Ventilation Mask
• Breathing – Ventilation Shield
• Circulation – Chest Compressions Initial Assessment
• Unresponsive Patient
• CPR for Cardiac Arrest
• Bare, Prepare, and Place Pads
• Troubleshooting Messages
• Control of Bleeding
• Managing Shock
• Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
• Ongoing Assessment
• Warning Signs of Serious Illness
• Mechanism for Significant Injury
• Specific First Aid Problems
• Moving Patients
• Emotional Impact of Providing First Aid Care
Students are evaluated through Instructor observation of the reasonable performance of skills. Performance and written evaluations are available and optional for use.
A Medic First Aid Certificate, Digital Certification Card and access to E-book upon successful completion of the course.