This course has been developed to provide learners with detailed environmental and sustainability knowledge as well as being able to apply environmental management/assessment tools and skills that are needed to be an effective environment/sustainability practitioner.
This course is for professionals who are working in organisations at an operational level and pursuing a career path in environment and sustainability. You will be working within environmental management or sustainability and require detailed knowledge of environmental and sustainability principles, management tools and other skills to effectively deliver positive change.
Aligning with the competencies required for IEMA Practitioner Membership , this course is perfect for anyone wishing to upgrade their IEMA membership to Practitioner Level and Registered Environmental Practitioner (REnvP).
You will receive Practitioner Membership free for one year, starting when you enroll on the course. During the course you will be a Practitioner Applicant Member and when you successfully complete the course you will be invited to confirm your application (REnvP is an additional cost).
Over the course of three modules a learner on this course will be able to:
- Explain the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations and the role of an Environment/Sustainability practitioner in overcoming these challenges
- Explain sustainable business/governance models, their underlying principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Explain environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Explain major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Explain major and relevant tools, techniques, systems and practices, their application and how they can be used to develop sustainable products and services and improve sustainability performance
- Explain the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect and critically analyse data, and report information that informs decision making
- Identify problems and assess opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable products and services
- Determine, implement and measure methods of effective communication
- Identify and engage in two-way communication with stakeholders
- Apply or implement tools, techniques, systems and practices that identify opportunities and risks.
- Deliver projects and programmes that achieve performance improvement
- Implement change and transformation
This is a 15-day course (120 hours), which can be taken at your own pace online or in a classroom.