The Associate Certificate is designed to raise the professional competence of environmental practitioners by assessing their knowledge and understanding of environmental management and its application. The knowledge areas comprise of three modules – environmental sustainability, Assessment, environmental legislation, interpretation and management of environmental performance which define the level and scope of Associate Membership with accompanying demonstrable learning outcomes.
There is no pre-requisite to attending this course as it is designed for individuals who have an interest in or responsibilities for environmental matters.
• Appreciate how global and local environmental issues evolve, and identify why and how they can be incorporated into the management of an organization
• Understand in general terms the impacts of societal activities on the earth’s natural systems
• Outline practical ways in which an organisation can reduce its impacts, both strategically and operationally
• Understand the inter-relationships of the environmental, economic, social and ethical aspects of ecological processes and systems
• Understand the key elements of an environmental management system
• Understand the UAE Environmental Regulations and International Best Practices
Candidates should write 1 examination paper. Candidates have to achieve 60% marks to pass the examination. After passing the examination candidates will be awarded by IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management.
It is a Ten days Course.