Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
This course will provide learners with a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build on. Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within this area.
- Learners who are starting out in environmental management, and want a solid foundation of environment and sustainability knowledge to build on.
- Those who would like to gain Associate membership of IEMA.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Once completed, a learner on this course will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
This is a 40-hour course (5 Days) Which includes an hour of online multiple-choice exam, taken at the end of the course.