Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at anyone needing to develop the underpinning knowledge of how to prevent and control the spread of infection in their workplace such as an office or a factory.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake approximately 6 hours of learning.
The qualification provides learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of:
• the common infections found in the workplace
• the chain of infection
• the importance of correct handwashing procedures
• the use of personal protective equipment
• the decontamination processes (cleaning and disinfection)
• waste management and associated risks
• management and staff responsibilities, risk assessment and developing a positive infection prevention culture.
This qualification is assessed by a mulitple-choice examination.