Basic Food Hygiene
People who handle food are those who are involved in any activity in your business that involves food or surfaces likely to come in contact with food. It covers the people whose work involves manufacturing, processing, preparing (such as chopping, cooking, thawing), delivering, servicing, transporting or packing food and the people who clean the premises and equipment.
On successful completion of this course the students attending will be able to understand:
BASIC FOOD HYGIENE TRAINING
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiology (Multiplication and survival hazards)
- Contamination hazards & controls
- Food poisoning
- Personal hygiene
- Food premises & equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest management
- Food Storage and Requirements
- Food Items Receiving to Dispatch Hazards & Controls
On completion of the course, delegates will be issued Basic Food Hygiene Training Certificate.
The duration is one day.
PIC Level 2
The Person in Charge Level 2 Certification is intended for persons directly responsible for the food related operations in certain types of food establishments with direct authority, control or supervision over employees who engage in the storage, preparation, display or service of foods.
- Personal Hygiene
- Structural Hygiene
- Food Safety Operations
- Food Safety Management
- Staff Training and Management
- Food Safety Regulations
On completion of the course, delegates will be issued PIC Level 2 Training Certificate.
The course duration is for 2 days.
PIC Level 3
The Person in Charge Level 3 is a certification aimed at caterers and other food handlers. The qualification is intended for candidates already working in catering that have a supervisory role.
There are fourteen modules covering the following subjects:
1. Introduction to food safety
3. Food contamination and control (bacterial and non bacterial)
4. Food poisoning and food born illness.
5. Food hazards from purchasing to serving
6. Personal hygiene and training
7. Food spoilage and preservation
8. Design and construction of food premises and equipment
9. Integrated pest management
10 Cleaning and disinfection.
11 Dubai regulations
12 Mock Audit (Desktop inspection)
13 Role of PIC
14 Revision/examination technique.
On completion of the course, delegates will be issued PIC Level 3 Training Certificate.
The training is three days.