The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is a global relevant fire safety qualification that you can complete in just one week.
Through its focused syllabus you can learn and develop fire safety skills that can be used in workplaces anywhere in the world.
This qualification can help you protect people, property and ultimately your business from the harm a fire can cause.
Who is it for?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is ideal for:
- Those responsible for fire safety in low to medium risk workplaces
- Health and Safety managers
- Facilities Managers
- Health and safety representatives within businesses.
This relevant and respected fire safety qualification will help you to:
- Gain a solid technical foundation to build on through practical application and experience
- Positively influence fire safety behaviours and improve fire safety culture
- Learn fire safety techniques that are based on global best practice
- Provide valuable in-house fire safety expertise for you workplace
- Advance your career by gaining specialist fire safety knowledge
- Avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
1.Managing fire safety
2 Principles of fire and explosion
3 Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources andcontrol measures
4 Fire protection of buildings
5 Safety of people in the event of fire
6 Fire safety risk assessment
This qualification has a two-step assessment process which consists of:
An open book examination: you will be able to complete this at home or in another safe and suitable location where you can concentrate. You will be presented with a scenario that describes a realistic workplace and situation. You will then be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence presented in the scenario as well as the underpinning knowledge you have gained through your studies and revision.
You will have 24 hours to complete and submit your paper – though you should be able to complete it in 4-5 hours.
A practical fire risk assessment: the fire risk assessment has been developed around fire risk assessment standards such as the Home Office fire guidance and PAS79-1:2020.
The time needed to complete the fire risk assessment is not restricted. We do, however, recommend that you take around three hours to complete all four parts of the assessment. We feel that the three hours will allow you to show your understanding of the assessment requirements and complete a good quality fire risk assessment.
This focused qualification helps you learn and develop fire safety skills which can be applied in workplaces anywhere in the world.
On completion of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand fire and explosion protection and prevention principles
- Carry out an effective fire risk assessment in a low to medium risk workplace.
Length of the course
For this qualification you should plan your study around a minimum of 28 taught hours and approximately 20 hours of private study and background reading.