The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety has become established as the most popular and highly respected qualification of its kind. Those who hold the qualification find themselves in high demand in the global marketplace.
Employers increasingly see health and safety management as a strategic role demanding an appropriate high-level professional qualification.
This qualification assists in the development of professional competence, increasing learners’ ability to help organisations make sensible and proportionate decisions in order to manage risk, meet business objectives, and meet regulatory and other requirements. Thorough but achievable, the qualification is designed by health and safety professionals to meet the needs of the modern workplace. It is a university degree-level qualification, offering a route to Masters-level study. It is a qualification to be proud of.
This prestigious qualification has been designed to underpin the capabilities that you need to become an effective health and safety professional.
- Unit IA: Managing Health and Safety
- IA1: Principles of health and safety management.
- IA2: Regulating health and safety.
- IA3: Loss causation and incident investigation.
- IA4: Measuring and reviewing health and safety performance.
- IA5: The assessment and evaluation of risk.
- IA6: Risk Control.
- IA7: Organizational factors.
- IA8: Human factors.
- IA9: The role of the health and safety practitioner
- Unit IB: Hazardous Substances/ Agents
- IB1: Managing occupational health.
- IB2: Identification, assessment and evaluation of hazardous substances.
- IB3: The control of hazardous substances.
- IB4: The monitoring and measuring of hazardous substances.
- IB5: Biological agents.
- IB6: Noise and vibration.
- IB7: Radiation.
- IB8: Mental ill-health and dealing with violence and aggression at work.
- IB9: Musculoskeletal risks and controls.
- IB10: Work environment risks and controls.
- Unit IC: Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
- IC1: Workplace welfare requirements and specific workplace issues.
- IC2: Fire and explosion.
- IC3: Workplace fire risk assessment.
- IC4: The storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances.
- IC5: Work equipment.
- IC6: Workplace machinery.
- IC7: Mobile, lifting, access and work at height equipment.
- IC8: Electrical safety.
- IC9: Construction and works of a temporary nature – hazards and controls.
- IC10: Workplace transport and managing work-related road risk
- Unit DNI: Application of Health and Safety In the Workplace
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety meets the academic requirements to apply for:
- Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH).
- Member status (MIIRSM) of the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Holders of either the NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and either the NEBOSH National or International Certificate in Construction Health and Safety meet the headline entrance criteria requirements for Registered Membership (RMaPS) of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
Those who pass their NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety are entitled to use the designatory letters IDip NEBOSH. Successful learners are invited to the annual NEBOSH Graduation and Awards Ceremony in the year following the successful completion of their award. The International Diploma provides a sound basis for progression to MSc level. A number of UK universities offer MSc programs that accept the International Diploma as a full or partial entry requirement.
You will receive your results 12 weeks after your assessment date. Learners who are successful in an individual unit will be issued with a Unit Certificate, normally within 20 working days of the result notification date. Units are not graded and the unit certificates will show a ‘Pass’
The NEBOSH International Diploma is split into 4 units which are assessed individually.
The Distance Learning course is valid for 12 months.