BSC IDipOSH is designed for health and safety professionals wanting to advance their professional career or undertake further postgraduate study, the International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health covers all the aspects of occupational health and safety practice, including risk management, occupational health, promoting a positive health and safety culture and preparing a business case for investment in health and safety.
During the course, delegates will be taught how to promote and embed health and safety in an organisation’s culture, prepare an organisation for investments in health and safety, and secure senior management’s commitment towards health and safety implementation. They will also develop a thorough understanding of international laws and legal frameworks relating to health and safety.
- Safety Professionals those who are completed Level 3 Certificate.
- Any Bachelor or Master Engineering certificate holder.
- Technician IOSH Holders.
- British Safety Council (BSC)
- International Diploma In Occupational Safety & Health (iDipOSH)
Unit 1: Principles of health and safety management
- The need for managing health and safety at work
- The influence of international agencies and standards on health and safety at work
- Developing and implementing a health and safety management system
- Identifying and evaluating hazards and risks associated with workplace activities
- Developing and implementing control strategies for managing health and safety risks at work
- Reporting and investigating health and safety incidents at work
- Reducing the impact of workplace activities on the environment.
Unit 2: Safeguarding people’s health in the workplace
- Occupational health strategy integration with an effective health and safety management system
- The effect of occupational health hazards on people
- Managing the health of vulnerable persons in the workplace
- Identifying and evaluating occupational health hazards and risks
- Developing and implementing control strategies for managing occupational health risks.
Unit 3: Promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace
- The importance of a positive health and safety culture within an organisation
- Assessing the existing health and safety culture of an organisation
- Understanding the factors that influence staff behavior
- Improving the health and safety culture of an organisation
• Developing and presenting a business case for improving the health and safety culture of an organisation.
The International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health course is assessed via two written examinations and two workplace-based assignments.
- Unit 1: written examination only
- Unit 2: written examination and practical assignment
- Unit 3: practical assignment only.
On successful completion of two written exams and two assessments, delegates can access graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – a nationally recognised and respected independent industry body. After a period of initial professional development, a graduate member may apply for chartered status of IOSH (CMIOSH). Holders of the International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health may also apply for full membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The BSC IDipOSH is split into 3 units.
• The classroom course is 5 weeks (25 days).