- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
Holders of the NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals will now be eligible for certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) upon completion of the CRST examination.
For those with greater workplace experience and additional qualifications, the BCRSP is offering a streamlined route to Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) certification for people with a NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. R
- South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Saiosh)
Members of the Saiosh can now upgrade from Technical membership (TechSaiosh) to Graduate Membership (GradSaiosh) using the NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals to meet the membership level’s academic requirements.
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
The International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is recognized as a Qualified Equivalent Program (QEP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), meeting the qualified credential requirement for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
Applications must be made within one year of achieving the Diploma.
- Successful learners are invited to attend the NEBOSH Graduation and Awards Ceremony in the summer following successful completion of their Diploma.
Join the Alumni
Its free and easy for NEBOSH Diploma holders to join the NEBOSH Alumni. There are lots of benefits to signing up including the opportunity to network, invitations to CPD events and webinars, access to exclusive resources and the opportunity to help us shape the future of NEBOSH qualifications.
Add Designatory Letters after your name
You are entitled to use the designatory letters IDipNEBOSH after your name once you pass the NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.
Proceed to Masters level
In partnership with NEBOSH, the University of Hull is offering Masters Degrees in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment subjects.
The following taught MSc qualifications in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management are available to NEBOSH Diploma holders:
- MSc in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- MSc in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- MSc in Environmental Management
A number of universities offer MSc programs which accept the NEBOSH Diplomas as a full or partial entry requirement. Some MSc courses may require additional qualifications/expertise, such as a degree, further significant work experience or expect learners to complete specific modules e.g. in environmental management.
Listed below are some universities that may accept a NEBOSH International Diploma for entry. Prospective learners should contact their chosen university directly to confirm the entry requirements and check that their specific qualifications are appropriate.
- Loughborough University
- University of Greenwich
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Salford
- Middlesex University
- University of South Wales
On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- advise on the types of legislation likely to apply, the relevance of ILO and non-government bodies’ guidance and possible enforcement actions
- identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
- advise on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
- develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
- contribute to a risk management strategy
- promote a positive health and safety culture
- develop and audit health and safety management systems
- maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
- manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.