First of all, what is IEMA?
IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment) is the professional body for everyone working, studying or interested in environment and sustainability. They provide resources, tools, knowledge and research sharing to meet the real world needs of the members.
What is IEMA Membership?
Is the key to getting on and getting recognised. It’s a journey that supports and informs your career, and demonstrates your impact to employers. From Student to Fellow.
What IEMA membership is currently available with QHSE International?
As of today, we are only offering the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management which leads to Associate Membership.
What are the benefits of Associate Membership?
- Events and webinars-
- gain access to industry-leading events and tune into interactive webinars to hone your sustainability skills, increase awareness and cultivate change
- Publications, News and Resource’s
- Stay up-to-date with the best practices and ensure you’re properly positioned to drive transformational change with our news updates and publications.
- The Globally recognized suffix
- You have the ambition to drive measurable change. Showcase your impressive aspiration and growing capabilities with your internationally recognized AIEMA suffix.
- CPD, training , skills.
- Track your personal goals with CPD record as you expand your awareness of key sustainability issues with IEMA training.
- Expand your network and your influence with dedicated networking for like-minded members across the glove, As an AIEMA, you’ll make connections-take opportunity to start making an impact.
- Stay on-the-pulse of the profession with our members-only magazine, the title to broaden your awareness of the environment economy and society.
How to gain the Associate Membership?
Enrol with IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management. This course provides a great way for you to get a foothold and demonstrate your competence in this kind of work. Delivered either in a classroom or through e-learning there is an approach to learning that works for you.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course.
What will you learn?
Once completed, a learner on this course will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
How do you learn?
This is a 5-day course (40 hours), which can be taken at your own pace online or in a classroom
How will you be assessed?
At the end of the five days, you will take a one hour, open-book, online multiple-choice exam.
On passing your exam, you will receive a certificate to recognise your achievement and you will be sent details of how to join IEMA as an Associate Member, earning your AIEMA professional suffix and all other benefits that come as being a member of a professional body.
How to book for the course with QHSE International?
QHSE International accepts online registration, and offer flexible payment plan. Click here to book.