The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands-on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a EMS auditor or as an environmental personnel.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered EMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an EMS
- All EMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
- Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management system auditing
- General Introduction
- Environmental Management Principles, Vocabulary and ISO 14001 requirements
- Stage 1 Audit (including document review)
- Audit Planning
- Process Auditing and Audit Skills
- Writing NC Reports and Audit Reporting
- Audit follow up
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
5-day course. Could be 5 Fridays or 5 Weekdays.
Available on classroom and online.