Have you been scammed by a Health and Safety training provider ?
Many Health and Safety aspirants and professionals have approached QHSE International to discuss their bad experiences with some of the providers that claim to have approvals to deliver particular training.
In the most recent events, it has been observed that there are centers offering the training without accreditation and delivering it with substandard number of hours and awarded with unrecognized and illegitimate Diplomas. This led to frustrations of many candidates who have spent their time, effort, and money to obtain the course. This also serves disadvantages to employers, hiring the people who they have thought met the requirements that they have set.
In this blog we will guide you on how to avoid fraudulent British Safety Council Level 6 Diploma or (BSC IdipOSH) course providers.
- CHECK WITH BRITISH SAFETY COUNCIL WEBSITE FOR ACCREDITED AND BANNED COURSE PROVIDERS.
List of accredited course providers are listed on the website indicating their location , through this you will be able to know if the center is accredited by BSC. You can check here
- ACCREDITED COURSE PROVIDERS WILL NEVER GIVE A PASSING GUARANTEE.
If the course provider is legitimate, it will NOT give passing assurance to candidates. As assessments will be duly based om each candidates’ written and project-based assessments that they have personally worked on. The center will make the candidates aware of the malpractice policy and its consequences.
- CLASSES SHOUILD NOT BE CONDUCTED IN LESS THAN 25 DAYS.
The BSC IDIP has 195 hours (Guided Learning) plus 103 hours (total examination time plus the time required to prepare the two assignments) respectively, i.e. 298 hours in total.
- THE COURSE MUST BE DELIVERED BY A QUALIFIED TUTOR.
As per BSC criteria, the tutor must possess the following:
- Staff delivering this qualification must be competent to do so. Competence is a mixture of experience, knowledge, skills, training and qualifications.
- Tutors are expected to hold an up-to-date qualification at Level 6 (or close equivalent) in a relevant subject area and be of CMIOSH status (or close equivalent).
- It is also expected that tutors will hold a suitable teaching qualification, have experience teaching higher level, multiple unit, qualifications and have sufficient knowledge and experience of the subject area to teach the subject effectively
- CENTRES SHOULD NOT PROVIDE A MOCK EXAM.
Centres are not allowed to provide mock paper other than the specimen copy BSC have posted on their website. Providing a copy of the previous exam, must probably have been retained illegaly by the provider.
Be vigilant in finding a course provider, and check with BSC website for any verifications.
To enroll for BSC IDIPOSH classroom training in n Dubai click here.
To enroll for BSC IDIPOSH online training click here.
Leave A Comment